If you had to make funeral arrangements, would you know how to make them dignified, meaningful, and affordable?
Did you know:
- A typical funeral in the US costs $7,300 — before you get to the cemetery
- That the cost of funerals, cremation, and burials varies widely
- Neither embalming nor a fancy casket is required for cremation or burial
- Although planning for after-death care is strongly recommended, prepaying for a funeral may not be a good idea
- Most individuals never share their funeral or burial wishes with their family members. As a result, families often spend more on funeral arrangements than their loved ones would have wanted
Facing the death of a loved one
Information about funerals and cremation for family members, clergy and social workers serving hospices, hospitals, retirement homes and other communities.
Mortuary Price Guide
Our Latest Newsletter
Fall 2016 Plain Talk – the FCAME Newsletter. This issue has articles on Jewish funeral practices and determining who gets to decide on one’s final arrangements. It also includes a suggested template for how an individual can describe what final arrangements he/she wants.
The Funeral Consumers Alliance of Maryland and Environs (FCAME) is the regional chapter of a national non-profit consumer education and advocacy organization, the Funeral Consumers Alliance. FCAME is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization. Donations are tax deductible.